Monday, December 15, 2008

My Personal Cultural Literacy Dictionary

1. "Hales of Scondeetas!"
Meaning: Curses upon your land.
Comes from Empire Earth (a computer game) A prophet will scream "Hales of Scondeetas" as he creates ravenous volcanoes across your land.
2. "This thing's a bear! "
Meaning: This item is extra difficult to move.
Comes from a certain boss who used said phrase when trying to force mostly stationary objects to move.
3. (Nextel walkky talkly-*bee deet*) "Hey buddy"
Meaning: The boss wants you to do something really misserable really soon.
Comes from a certain boss who thought his employees were always on call.
4. The song found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I14YHnzVhQ
Meaning: Keep it up my friend we will get there eventually.
Used mostly when backpacking and the going is getting tough.
5. "I'm in the Crowsnest"
Meaning - I'm on the 6th floor of the library come study with me.
Used mostly in texting when quickly relaying ones position in the library to a fellow student.

No comments:

Post a Comment