Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm here!




Here I am! The flight over here could not have gone smoother (all my bags showed up!) . Our plane had exactly 19 people sitting in coach....so I had a row to myself plus the excellent company of three pretty girls who were also studying abroad, but in Edinburgh...which I have learned is pronounced closer to Edinbrauh. We talked excitedly about our plans in Scotland till an hour had passed, then I stayed up and watched a movie before trying to fall asleep on my row of seats. One of the girls I met turned out to be a huge blessing. I realized in flight that I had left behind a certain email detailing how to get from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow. She had been in Scotland before and was going to the train station anyway so I followed her(and helped carry one of her suitcases). We got tickets and rode on a double decker bus too the train station then parted ways on diffrent trains. The train ride was pretty, but I managed to anoy a grumpy drink sales lady because my bags decided to overflow into the isle that she needed to get her cart through.
The two depressing events of today were carrying my bags all over Glasgow and Strathclyde University for hours trying to find the people who could give me the keys to my room. I would bet money I carried all 100lbs of luggage much more than a mile in circles. Then as I finally arrived exhausted to my room I slid the key into the lock and opened the door to find a broom closet...that had apparently forgotten that it needed brooms. No joke I'm confident that this room is no bigger 10' by 12'. On the bright side there is a small kitchen and living space that those of us in the flat share.

As I had prepared to fly out of Charlotte my friend Scott had said "see you tomorrow" because we planed on seeing each other today at the 2pm meeting. However as that 2pm meeting drew to a close I relized that there was no Scott....I facebooked him as I was concerned...and just found out two hours ago that he was in fact on campus (had finally gotten here around 4pm) but that he had flight stories to tell me about. I will fill you in as I hear more (if said stories are entertaining).

Oh and I thought that this was entertaining. Apparently the scottish do not discriminate against unicycles or tricycles...all cycles are welcome aboard the train (although the obvious preference towards the two wheeled models is evident because of the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment