Thursday, January 29, 2009

What happend to day 4?

Yesterday (day 4) was pretty lame. I woke up sometime after noon then attended class...I thought I was totally lost, but it turns out that they were just using certain terms for things that I wasn't used to (aka beta=risk and CAPM = Capitol Asset Pricing Model ). After I got that straitened out I think I followed the professor pretty well.
Scott (one of my best friends since 3rd grade and fellow Clemson student) and I went out exploring the city after dinner. It turned out to be pretty lame. There were no people in the city and my camera would not take good night photos of the buildings, of course I don't know what I expected, no point and shoot camera will take good night photos, at least not that I know of. We did accomplish finding Scott's Street though. (There were street signs in taller more prominent places but Scott insisted on a picture with the one that was "his size".)

I also recently found out and was amused that 72% of traffic accidents are caused by tourists in Glasgow. I'm pretty sure this is purely bus and taxi drivers running over the tourists that cross the road on foot. Seriously, I've been warned by many aged people to be very cautious of the traffic and crossing the street. It is a whole new ball game being sure to check the street and double check the left instead of the right. They told us that a girl(an international student) got her arm broken last year simply for standing on the sidewalk too close to the street. A bus side mirror clipped her. Respect the European roads!

Every night I've been out there has been music somewhere but for the first time we actually came up on one of the Glaswegian (that is the correct term and I like it!) street bands. I would post a video here but so far it hasn't let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment