Thursday, February 12, 2009

Scotish Magic

Today was mostly typical. I went to class, felt slightly lost but not completely. I Stressed slightly about how hard the final is going to be....there are no mid terms here so it's just one big test at the end of the semester. And the problem with Finance is that there really is very little bluffing that you can do. Its not a social science where you can put down how you think and get an A for effort. I'll unfortunately have to actually know things.
Anyway after class Scott, Simpren (sp unknown still...I'll ask soon) and I went and worked out at the gym..which unlike Clemson was not included in tuition. Anyway now I'm back in my flat about to go get some grocery's so I can survive the weekend which should be in the mountains for me.
The story I really want to relay to everyone is an event that happened on the ski trip yesterday. Scott and I were still trying to catch the bus (this is just after to seeing the one we wanted go flying by us). and this skinny oldish guy wearing a goofy hat (long ear flaps, but not like any of the hats that are in style) was ...looking like he was waiting to catch a bus. He ended up joining our conversation with the other helpful man who had pointed out the bus that had left us. He (skinny old guy with a weird hat) muttered something about it being the bus he had wanted as well and he sort of joined is in the cafe' that looks out on the bus station( sort of = he went in at the same time we did and sat on the other side of the cafe'). He must have left the cafe' a little less than an hour before we did. I know he went back out to the bus station and stood there for a while, but I also know for a fact that no bus route 41 buses came by.
*Please note that all of this was just being processed in the back of my mind I wasn't paying that much attention to the people around me.* Ok so fast forward an hour, Scott and I get up and go out to the bus station and after about five minutes our bus arrives. Off steps the skinny old man with a weird hat and he walks off like he completed whatever he needed too do. I noticed this oddity but didn't pay much attention to it till Scott and I were on our way home that night(he noticed it as well and didn't say anything either). Questions in my head: Primarily, how in the world did he do that? (the next nearest bus stop on the 41 route is not within walking distance, and he had to have had time to get done whatever it was he needed a bus ride to go do.) Secondly why did he do that?...which leads to, what did he need the bus for in the first place? *best I can figure he caught a different bus to a common bus stop, took care of whatever it was with blinding speed and made it back to where we were in the hour time frame....if he murdered someone it would be a genius alibi time wise* I only really thought about it because he was back in the cafe' when we had finished skiing while we were waiting for our bus to take home that night.
I probably won't be able to post till after Sunday because this mountaineering trip is all weekend long but hopefully I'll have stories and awesome pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment