Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Wee Update

Just a quick update. Sorry I still don't have any new pictures, but I'll remedy that this weekend hopefully. The flat checkers come back tomorrow because we failed the initial "is the place clean" inspection. They were incredibly picky last time (like a spot on the mirror got us in trouble sorta picky) So everyone in our flat has spent some time cleaning things this evening to avoid having to pay for cleaners to come do it.
Anyway Mark, Scott and I went to open mic night. I planned on playing my guitar and singing to get a free beer which I intended to give away to whomever filmed it. However, we got there and they didn't open till later, but they told us there was a ceilidh dance going on upstairs and said I should join the band up there. We gained free admission cause not enough people had shown up to the dance. Scott left but mark and I danced a few with some Scottish girls. Mark is from Nebraska and he seemed to really take to folk dancing, plus some girl was really enjoying dancing with him (you must understand that he is a 6'4' city kid, so I found this very entertaining) We went back downstairs later and I played in front of 20ish people, got mark a fosters for filming it and am now back here doing some treasury management homework that I need to have done for tomorrow. If any of the video from tonight turns out well I will include it in one of the videos I have to include in this blog (so far uploading video from my room has failed anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment