Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow Dance

Today was a pleasantly exciting day even for those who live here. The morning seemed to start out slightly more upbeat. Not just for me but even the conversations of students around me seemed more perky. I think it was because of the snow. (picture taken zoomed out from my 1st floor room window) There were of course one or two grumpy chaps who came late to class because the trains were slowed. It should be noted that I caught a snowflake with my eyeball because the wind was whipping the snow around quite quickly. A feat I will not try to repeat, but it was an excellent first time for me.
The weather has stalled any random excursions for today and probably tomorrow so we've settled for finding the movie 'taken' which is currently in movie theaters in the US but already out on DVD here (we have yet to obtain a playable version, but that is the goal of the evening). This is the opposite of American made movies such as '7 pounds' which just opened in theaters here at the end of January, but were out in the US last month.
I have finally begun to make some Scottish acquaintances in class. This is a relief as most of the people I currently know are foreign exchange students. Hopefully there will be more to befriend as time continues. (another similar picture from my room)

1 comment:

  1. So South Carolina isn't the only weird place that slows down or even comes to a complete stand still bc of snow...good to know. I wanted to tell you that the pic of you with your Tiger Rag is classic. I have one of me in the Grand Canyon holding one. It's a Clemson thing...

    ReplyDelete